Director of Stakeholder and Membership Engagement
This position reports to the Chair of the Board
- In consultation with Board members and ED identify key stakeholders relevant to the strategic goals of OCTEVAW
- In consultation with the Board, and ED develop a plan for stakeholder engagement
- Oversee the production of and provide content for the Membership Directory and ensure timely posting of any new members on the website as well as ensuring the removal of those not renewing their membership from the website.
- In collaboration with the Board, ED, and identified stakeholders, lead, create, distribute, and analyse a bi-annual member’s needs assessment survey.
- Report to the Board of Directors on findings of membership survey
- In collaboration with the Board develop strategies to address members concerns
- Develop and maintain an active and ongoing campaign to attain membership goals. Work with Director of Leadership & Volunteer Management to ensure volunteer engagement and satisfaction.
- Establish membership growth and membership retention goals for the year in conjunction with OCTEVAW’s overall goals.
- Review, adhere and update all policies and procedures related to any initiatives of member recruitment and retention initiatives.
- Support and defend policies and programs adopted by the Board of Directors
- Serve as voting member of Board of Directors
- Assist in the development of the Business Plan
- Submit written report for inclusion in the Annual Report
- Submit written board reports, in advance, for monthly board meetings; request agenda time if required
- Ensure fiscal responsibility of the portfolio to which position is assigned
- Submit budget needs for the following fiscal year
- Conduct transition meeting with successor
- Perform other duties that may be delegated by the Chair and/or Board of Directors
Attendance & Time Commitment:
- Mandatory attendance at monthly Board meetings
- Mandatory attendance at two Board retreats (2 days in length; Fall and Spring)
- Mandatory attendance at the Annual General Meeting
- Attendance at official activities and functions, whenever possible
- Time commitment of approximately 10-15 hours/month for a two-year term
- Membership in OCTEVAW is required . Preference will be given to current members (in good standing ) of OCTEVAW
- Knowledge of OCTEVAW activities and/or the VAW and GBV sector is required
- Personal Commitment to OCTEVAW’s mission, vision and values is required
- Willingness to give the time, energy, talents and enthusiasm required of the position
- Previous service on a Board of Directors an asset
Exemplary organizational skills are mandatory
Exemplary communication skills are mandatory
Experience designing and implementing surveys is preferred
Experience in conducting needs assessments is preferred
Strong interpersonal skills are mandatory
Knowledge of the strategic planning process is preferred
English, French an asset
Submit your completed application form and CV by September 9th to: email@example.com
Subject line: Stakeholder and Membership Engagement
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
OCTEVAW unites organizations and individuals in Ottawa and the surrounding region to end gender-based violence and abuse, including violence and abuse against women and children.